Nearly 22 million businesses have merchant accounts and accept credit cards — about half of them are in the US – and most of these businesses are subject to PCI (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standards. Those businesses that don’t comply are subject to significant fines and may lose their rights to accept credit cards – a “death penalty” for some businesses.
In 2006, MasterCard, Visa, JCB, American Express, and Discover established the PCI Security Standards Council, a 3rd party entity, to manage the Payment Card Industry security standards and to promote the standard’s implementation by all companies (i.e. merchants) that accept credit/debit cards including all:
Retail merchants: Any business that operates in a storefront location, where the customers’ debit and credit cards are physically swiped through the payment terminal.
Internet merchants: Any business being run online. It allows businesses to collect and process credit and debit card information from their e-commerce website.
MOTO (mail or telephone order) merchants: Any business that operates by taking payments via the telephone and/or direct mail
If your company falls under one of these categories we can assist you with your compliance obligations to ensure that you are following the proper PCI protocols.
PCI Compliance Offerings:
- PCI Assessment Services. Assess Cardholder Data Environment’s (CDE) and perform PCI pre-audit services.
- PCI Remediation Services. Document and prioritize issues that must be remediated to address PCI related security vulnerabilities through ongoing managed services.
- PCI Compliance Services. Produce the necessary key documents as proof that they comply with PCI and sell new and valuable PCI reporting.
PCI Reports Provided:
- PCI Policies & Procedures Report.
- PCI Risk Analysis Report.
- PCI Risk Profile Report.
- PCI Management Plan.
- Evidence of PCI Compliance Report
- PCI Site Interview Guide
- External Port Security Worksheet
- Cardholder Data Environment Worksheet
- Server Function Identification Worksheet
- User ID Worksheet
- Antivirus Capability Identification
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us today! Call us at (904)410-9226 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org